Pages

Sunday 11 September 2011

Cold, Windy & Miserable Sunday!

I find that the weather has a direct link to the amount of get up and go I have! My ability to do something productive dwindles as the colder and wetter the weather becomes! I'm pretty sure it’s not just me! Please tell me the cold rain put’s a dampener (bad pun, I know!) on your day too!?

To help me get motivated this week I treated myself to a nice new pair of running shoes! As a little well done for completing my first 10k last Sunday!

How could I not when the guy’s at Run For It gave everyone who took park in the Great Scottish Run a 15% discount! I mean it would just be rude not to!

I’ve been running in a neutral pair of Asics for the last 9 months and they have felt fine for me so I thought I would be getting another neutral shoe, but they fitted me out a pair of Brooks Adrenalines support trainers. They said I have a pretty flat foot, with a low arch and I over-pronate so I had to get a support shoe to help with this. I also left with a size 4.5, even through I thought I was a size 3! I've been wearing a size and a half smaller than I should have for my running shoes! Oops! Glad I eventually went and got professional advice!






They also showed me a new way of tying up my laces so my trainers would feel more 
secure on my feet. Here’s a breakdown of how I do it if you’re interested!








I did a couple of miles on the “dreadmill” on Tuesday in the gym and they felt fine.  So on Thursday I took them out and about and did 3 miles with my friend round Strathclyde County Park. They felt good for the first 2 miles, but after the 3rd I stopped to walk a bit as my shins were hurting a little! Maybe they need broken into slowly, so my legs get used to something stopping them from moving the way they want to when running! 


Check out my break down of my run. I was taking my time and going pretty slowly.






Any tips on how to keep motivated during the cold winter months?

No comments:

Post a Comment