Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Glasgow Harvest

Isn't the "twitter-verse” wonderful!?!
I came across a blog that’s all about my local areas through someone on twitter last Friday.
The Precious East is all about the life of Jolene and her family living in the east end of Glasgow and all the great activities they find to do to keep themselves entertained! I’ve grown up in the East all my life and I’m ashamed to admit the Jolene has found more stuff to do in the few years she has stayed here than I ever have! I guess you just need to be looking for the adventure!
Well I went for a little adventure on Saturday thanks to Jolene’s blog!






A wee five minute walk from my house is some allotments and on Saturday it was their Harvest celebration.
It was a nice day weather wise, so was great to get out about for some fresh air.





We had a wee walk round the opened allotments looking to see what everyone has been growing! I really need to get the hang off growing things, it seems so cool to be able to grow your own food in your back garden!


First time I've seen Corn on the actual plant.
Never thought it would be in Glasgow!
Nice pair eh? ;)


I got to try some lovely home-made carrot cake and even got a recipe for vegan leek & potato soup, along with a nice sample! I can’t wait to try and make it myself, soup is always so easy to make and tastes so good for the effort required to make it!






There was lots of how to sessions teaching the basics on gardening, which I would have attended if I was by myself but there was a group of us and we had my little 9 month nephew with us so we left after a bit to come home for a nappy change & some pureed veg for the wee one!


Look who practically followed us home after we fed it some bananas!



I will be trying to keep up with the things that are going on in my area in future, it's a great excuse to be get out and about doing something different!
Do you make the most of your local area?

No comments:

Post a Comment